Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Breakfast at Bluebell

Wonderful session with the Bluebell Community Development Project. I sketched and chatted with a group of really nice young men. And I think I captured something of their positive attitude and sunny personalities. It was an honour to meet them and I hope they're happy with the portraits I drew. I did get tired towards the end, so I might revisit one or two of them!

Adrian was so friendly and warm. He had spotted us sketching the last time and was wondering when we'd be back!

I think I can safely say that Darius is the only person in the room who can pronounce my name. He was funny and clever and also interested in poetry. It's his birthday soon!


Seán has a really sunny, happy disposition! And a sharp haircut, which I didn't do justice to!


Rory was full of smiles and anticipation, but when I started sketching him, he became very serious, looking straight at me. Which made it easier for me to sketch him!


And when I thought I was done, Robbie, one of the carers who accompany these young men to Bluebell, asked me to do a sketch of himself and Mary. I was exhausted at that point, so they were probably not too happy with my sketch of them. But the lads had a good laugh when I showed them the sketch first!


I gave the original sketches to each of my sitters. I printed the photos I took and then added a little bit of pencil colour as a background. Then I glued them into my sketchbook. Definitely a quicker way of doing it!









No comments:

Post a Comment