Saturday, May 21, 2022

Clouds

Despite many distractions, I am starting to refocus on what I really want to paint - skies, clouds, seas. In these, I am exploring promising mixes for clouds with golden light. So the most successful recipe is Cerulean blue (Holbein), Permanent Alizarin Crimson and Monte Amiata Natural Sienna (both Daniel Smith). The important thing to remember is that the Monte Amiata needs to be well diluted, otherwise it's too grainy.

And of course, clouds are different all over the world, aren't they? Here, we don't have very high temperature, but we have some humidity and that definitely has an impact. And also the air is quite clear, no fires, minimal pollution (well, we have plenty of car pollution, but the wind clears the air)

So, anyways, I'll play with these 3 colours and see how I get on! And explore other options as I go.



Also tried it in a sketchbook with hot press paper. It looks very different, so it makes me wonder if I used a different blue?




No comments:

Post a Comment