Saturday, May 07, 2022

Music at Bluebell

Sometimes the Signal Jumps - this was the project that introduced us to the Bluebell Community Development Project, back in 2019. A few of us sketched at the last few rehearsals, including the big rehearsal in the National Concert Hall. 

I always wanted to sketch with the Community again, but then Covid came etc., so we lost a couple of years. But here we are again. A few of us from Dublin Sketchers will be sketching in Bluebell for the big breakfast, and/or the live music.

So here are my first few sketches from the first music session I went to. I was a bit nervous at first, but when I saw everyone participating, singing, playing the guitar, and even dancing, I was carried by the enthusiasm. I came back home on a high, wanting to go back and sketch more, and get to know everyone. Sketch them better, as I relax into it and don't try to include everything! As long as nobody asks me to sing!









And for those of you who want to watch the full performance of Sometimes the Signal Jumps, here it is. I actually get quite emotional watching it again. It was so special.


2 comments:

  1. Never a dull moment for an Urban Sketcher.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's times when life feels so full! I'm definitely making the most of it after two years of pandemic!

      Delete