Saturday, May 21, 2022

March for peace

A few weeks ago, before I met up with the gang for our usual Sunday sketching, there was a protest for Ukraine at the GPO. So I grabbed my sketchbook and pen and got to work. So many new people who have arrived in Ireland since the last time I was out on the streets. So many women and children. When will this war end? I talked to a few people, offered to take photos (which I'm sure they'll be sending to their husbands, who are back home in Ukraine, risking their lives to protect democracy and freedom in Europe). I asked them where they were from. Kyiv, Lviv, Odessa, Chernihiv, Kharkiv. So many cities I wasn't even aware of 3 months ago! (Some of the kids were bored - can't blame them -, but that's what they will remember from their childhood - protests in Dublin on sunny days!

 


The lovely Olia took a photo of me, juggling my pens.




No comments:

Post a Comment