Thursday, May 26, 2022

More singing at Bluebell

Music, singing and dancing at Bluebell Community Project. Everyone is having a blast. The musicians are simply amazing. And the singers are braver than me, going in front of a crowd and singing their hearts out. I can barely keep up, there is so much going on. But I am determined to keep on sketching. Anne, who is sitting on my right, is very interested in my drawing. She asks me to draw a portrait of a friend of hers, not easy to do from a photo on a dimming phone, and when the subject is wearing a mask. But I'm happy to give it a go! Teresa, who sits on my left, is also very curious about what I'm doing. I ask her if she likes to draw. When the answer is yes, I ask her if she would like paper and pencils to draw with. She happily spends the next half hour or so creating her own impression of the music that surrounds us. 

I added colour at home later on.






New favourite song (it was that or Johnny Cash!)



Teresa's drawing:


Here are the sketches as they were after the session. Markers and pencils are a very fast way of adding colour!








No comments:

Post a Comment