Sunday, May 22, 2022

workshop with Suhita Shirodkar

Great workshop with Suhita Shirodkar (organised by Art Toolkit). Mixed media to give depth and drama to your sketches. Learned lots, took lots of notes, and as is often the case with these workshops, there is two or three central elements that make a difference. I just need to try and remember these next time I go sketching! I love how these sketches I did from photo reference during the workshop look so three-dimensional. But often when I'm on location, I just see the background (if it's a big scene) or the middle ground (if I'm indoors). And of course, if I'm in the West of Ireland, there are no trees in the foreground to provide drama or depth - just the sea, the sky, and if there is a mountain, it's generally behind me!! But I need to look more carefully and see if I can find elements to guide the eye into the painting!



No comments:

Post a Comment