Monday, May 30, 2022

Camden Street

Inspired by my weekend with Federica, I'm trying to sketch more in my own style again, with lots of colour and no consideration for perspective or proportions! 

These flamingos and crocodile are above a shop's entrance. But I didn't really care about the shop below these wild animals, so I just drew what I wanted. It felt quite freeing actually!



Camden Street is busy and noisy, particularly when you sit on the footpath beside a bus stop. My view across the road was blocked by buses half the time, so I decided to include a bit of a bus into my sketch of the flower seller (where I bought the sunflowers!)




"I can feel my youth slipping away". These were Pat's words after queuing forever for a coffee at Caffe Nero. I shared in the feeling. I was also worried about all the bottles of milk open on their counter. And the lack of segregation between the syrup bottles and the cleaning bottles. In fairness, they were on opposite sides of a glass partition, but if I were a health inspector, I would not be happy about that!







One quick sketch of rooftops and chimneys, seen from Devitt's, where I can recommend the tomato and coconut soup, and the chips!






No comments:

Post a Comment