Friday, May 06, 2022

Different direction

As you know, I've been struggling with my art lately. I've been talking about this with a number of friends, and it's helped me to re-center on what I love rather than what other people expect of me. I'm not sure where that's going to lead. Part of me just wants to paint for the love of it. But then, I also want my art to be appreciated by others. I don't want to make a career out of it, but it would be nice if what I do was recognised outside my circle of friends and family. I don't know how to reconcile these conflicting goals. Maybe they don't need to conflict? OK, I still have a lot of work to do to sort this out in my head. But while that battle is raging, I'll just keep sketching and painting.

I love the sea, the sky, and watercolour doing its thing. So I'm going to explore this for a while. Two of these fit on a quarter sheet, but I want to try bigger and see what happens. I just want to let the watercolour play. And not worry about where it will lead me.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment