Monday, May 23, 2022

Broadstone, Hendrons

I have mixed feelings about the area around Broadstone and the university campus there - it's all very bare, wide avenues, very few trees, not too many people about on a Sunday, particularly a sunny day.

But when I got at the tram stop, I had seen the old Hendrons factory, and I didn't need to explore further. I did, for about ten minutes, explore further, but it only confirmed that my first choice was the right spot for me. I had invited Priyanka to sit with me, so we could chat at the same time. The idea was that we would talk about angles and perspectives and plumblines! Well, let me say that this sketch has so many mistakes in it that I don't even want to start counting them. And yet, I love it. It's got this feeling of a peaceful Sunday afternoon that will forever stay with me! And two sketchers actually complimented me on the car - it made me so happy, because I was really delighted with how that little car turned out!



I shouldn't be showing you this photo, as you will start counting windows, and look at angles and perspective and all these important things. But you know what? I don't care!


No comments:

Post a Comment