Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Camden Street

One of these days when I only manage one sketch. Normally I'm a fast sketcher. But not that day. I started outside, sitting on a window ledge. Then I went in for a hot drink and continued adding detail at my leisure. Thankfully, I stopped before filling the whole page. I'm quite happy with this ghost effect. But I was way too slow. Yes, when I sketch fast, I lose on accuracy. But I gain in emotion and energy. So, I need to have a good think about how I want to sketch. I can draw when I slow down. The big question is whether I want to or not.

Whelans is a big music venue in Dublin. It's years since I was there. I've just had a look at their line-up for the coming months. I can safely say that I don't know a single one of these artists!! Maybe I'm getting old after all?




And a van drove in front of the façade when I took the photo!


No comments:

Post a Comment