Friday, November 04, 2016

Hugh Lane Gallery


I didn't get a chance to go to the Dublin Sketchers outing in the last few weeks, but here is the one from a few weeks ago. I spent almost two hours drawing this. I can't believe I was so patient, particularly when it wasn't going well.

Why did I pick such a complicated subject, perspective, arches? Why did I stay in a room with no windows, when the weather outside was glorious? Stubbornness probably.

I did start with a few pencil lines, but as I started working with my pen, I realised that the proportions of the doorway were completely wrong, and I had to make everything taller.

Next time, I'll go for something simpler. Although, I took this picture when I got to the other side of the room, and that's really interesting, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment