Friday, November 18, 2016

Collins Barracks

It was a few weeks since I'd been at Dublin Sketchers, and I really enjoyed my outing.  The museum of decorative arts and history at Collins Barracks was a wonderful space to work in.

It was a good few years since I'd been there, and I really didn't know where to start - so I got into a lift and went straight to the third floor, and found myself in the Eileen Gray exhibition. Well, I had to draw a chair, despite a promise to myself to start with something easy! I had the place to myself, which contributed to this lovely feeling of peace and relaxation.

I then moved on to the "The Way We Wore" rooms, and admired beautiful dresses while listening to the information about Sybil Connolly and her wonderful pleated linen dresses (I want one!).

And I finished with a Han Dynasty Chinese vase from the Albert Bender collection.

(PS: I was using a little Moleskine watercolour sketchbook in a landscape format, but decided to paint in portrait - quite a good format, as it frames your drawings well)







































And to finish, have a look at this little video and tell me you don't want one of these pleated evening skirts!

No comments:

Post a Comment