Friday, August 13, 2021

Travels

Last week, I was in a taxi. And I was at the airport. And on a flight. On a train. On a bus. And I got to see my parents for the first time in 18 months!

I got to sketch at the airport. And on the plane. And I sketched my parents even!

What excitement! Everything went smoothly. Most people were wearing their mask properly (unlike the tram here where there are still too many people wearing it under their nose!)

But anyways. As you can see, it was an early flight. I had forgotten how hard it is to get up at 3 am!!



Europe's favourite Low Fares airline!


It was lovely to see my parents. Hopefully I will be able to go again before Christmas.
She probably doesn't recognise herself in this sketch. And her hair isn't blue. But this is my mother reading her iPad. She loves to wear my old poncho from Mexico. I was 12 when we bought it!


My father having a little nap in the afternoon. 


And doing his crosswords.


By the time I took the photo, he was on the phone, but you get the idea!



This one doesn't really look like my mother. Do you find it hard to sketch those who are close to you?



The rest of the sketches are sketches from the plane, the airport, the hotel room and my parents' back garden. I was a busy bee! I brought minimum supplies - a pencil, a Koh-i-Noor magic pencil, a couple of pens, a tiny tin with six half pans and a waterbrush. Travelling light with hand luggage only!


















No comments:

Post a Comment