Monday, August 02, 2021

Newbridge House -Golden fields and trees

Memories of the heat wave! Golden fields, cool trees in the distance, the sounds of summer. I wasn't interested in the formal house that stood on these beautiful grounds. I just wanted to listen to the warm breeze running over the golden fields.


Turning around and noticing the trees behind me. And when I turn back, it's like the heat has gone up a notch. Apache Sunset ink seems very appropriate to evoke this feeling.


Trying colours from the MHMP 1 & 2 (MH's Mystery Palettes 1 & 2). 
A heat wave in Ireland where temperature are reaching 28-30 celcius is not normal. A definite sign that our climate is out of kilter. But hard to complain about, particularly when I know it's not going to last more than a week. Maybe Ireland will become the place on earth where people will come to to take refuge from the floods and fires. Except we won't have enough water.


I get overwhelmed by big scenes. I want to sketch it all! So many sensations.


A reminder that I am at my best early in the morning and that I need to take a break before I sketch again. I know I need to pace myself.


 A few of the individual sketches



My favourite of the day


And the Urban Sketchers shots. Telling a simple story of sunshine and peaceful contemplation.






No comments:

Post a Comment