Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Maybe not so bad?

So then I moved straight to half sheet. And a completely different feeling from what I had experimented with. But the rocks are the main focus, so I had to have hard edges!

I'm influenced by artists I admire in watercolours, like Uma Kelkar and Tom Hoffmann, I am also slowly watching Liz Steel's livestreams for the 2021 runthrough of her Edges course. And while I've clearly forgotten about softer edges in the distance, you can see how I'm playing with values and colours to separate the foreground, middle ground and background. 

And I'm really proud of myself for not messing up my slivers of light value on the rock edges. This is something I've been thinking about for months, but often forgetting while painting!

Still, it feels like I painted with my head rather than my heart! Will have another go!

No comments:

Post a Comment