Friday, August 20, 2021

Iveagh Gardens

The location for sketching was around the Iveagh Gardens, a nice quiet park near the city centre. But I didn't feel like sketching trees and fountains, so I sat on the footpath outside and experimented with two views in direct watercolour. 

Cars and how they sit on the ground is always a struggle for me, and the changing reflections as the sun went in and out!


This was a building behind metal gates, so I tried to represent what I was seeing, but it did my head in!!
I want to practise this more, though, to force myself to look for white spaces!


Then I went into the park, and did these two quick sketches. I was on one of the paths under the trees and I was trying to capture the dark all around me and the light at the end of the path.





No comments:

Post a Comment