Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Malahide

Sometimes, it's good to do something different. I started here with my usual colours, but I wasn't as inspired as I had hoped for. But Louise and I had agreed to swap our watercolour palettes. And that energised me! 

Started with my own palette and a few closeups of daisies in a Stillman&Birn Alpha sketchbook. I'm not familiar with that paper, but it's quite flexible for pen and watercolour. Good not to put myself under pressure. There's enough going on!


A wall of green can be quite a challenge. I enjoyed playing with warm and cool, and light and dark.


Then I moved location, took my Etchr Perfect Sketchbook and I used Louise's palette, and sketched Pat's back. He was sketching an old wall. There are some gorgeous colours in there. It's a Faber Castell palette I had never come across before. Good strong colours, despite looking a bit dry in the palette. And they mix beautifully!


The smell of the eucalyptus trees was lovely. I love those trees! It was such a peaceful moment to sit under these trees, feel the breeze and explore new colours!



A close-up


A few people and hand sketches. I was too tired!




No comments:

Post a Comment