Monday, August 09, 2021

Botanic Gardens

A lovely time at the Botanic Gardens. Sitting by the pond. And the swans and cygnets kept us entertained.

As is often the case with me, my first sketch was the best of the session! Just loving all these greens and the brown water too.

Two of the cygnets settled pretty close to me.  One of them even fell asleep, after eating and preening. It wasn't easy to capture them in watercolour, but I tried to get the colour and texture at least!


More of the water lilies. It will take me a lifetime to get them right. But I'm happy to just keep trying!


The daddy swan was big. And when he came close to us and hissed at Pat (who didn't blink), I retreated further away from the water's edge. I am not brave!! I sketched them non-stop. It's not every day that you get a chance to sketch swans and cygnets up close on terra firma! Necks and beaks and feet!




A few close-ups





Someone took photos of me and the swan!


I wasn't so worried about the cygnets.


No comments:

Post a Comment