Thursday, August 12, 2021

Ardgillan Castle

You will not see a castle in my sketches. Ardgillan Castle isn't the prettiest, in my mind, anyway. But the day I was there, the last day of our heat wave, there was mist in the morning, and the light over the golden fields was just so pretty!
As is often the case with me, my first sketch is my favourite. It's like when I get somewhere, there is this energy, it's exciting, and I have to capture the moment. Afterwards, I start seeing more, but my mind isn't as focused. Often sketchers or artists will talk about having to do a warmup sketch. For me, it's more like I need cool-down sketches to relax from the adrenaline high of sketching! Yes, I'm a sketch junkie!


Just sitting in a field and painting and sketching! And again and again! I love my A4 landscape sketchbook. This is a Seawhite of Brighton watercolour sketchbook - perfect balance for paint and pen!



After a matcha latte, I felt energised again, and did a couple more sketches!



This one, as you can see, I was hitting a low!


I like how the paint flowed in this one! The paper in this little square book is Stillman & Birn Alpha. Interesting effects!





No comments:

Post a Comment