Tuesday, August 03, 2021

Balbriggan

I really enjoyed that exploration of North Dublin - sometimes I go a whole year without seeing these places again. I don't really know the town of Balbriggan - I just love the beach and the harbour, so I never explore beyond!

I'm always fascinated by these suburban houses with the industrial chimney behind them. Unfortunately it looks like there is an apartment block being built behind them, so I'm glad I got to sketch the scene as it is for now. 

I also got to sketch the seagulls and toddlers on the beach.

 

And I love the chaos of the harbour. I don't know what these plastic containers at the end of that boat are for. They look like big milk bottles with holes in them. Are they designed to float above lobster pots? I didn't find out!



Sometimes, all I get to do is explore the colours


Or the details of what's in front of me. I was careful not to sit on any of the plants that hold the higher part of the beach together. But by just being there, I was probably contributing to the coastal erosion. By documenting the vegetation, I'm contributing to its demise. Maybe the earth would be better off if we were not there!


A few of the individual sketches before I added the text






And I only remembered to take one Urban Sketcher photo!



No comments:

Post a Comment