Tuesday, February 20, 2024

San Francisco and Las Vegas - Part 1

We're just back from a fantastic trip to San Francisco and Las Vegas. Not sure where to start?

Well, an airport sketch is always a good place to get started. I'm finding these days that I'm keeping my tools much more basic than I used to. Even watercolours I'm not using as much. Of course, it's been too miserable to paint in watercolour outdoors in Ireland for the last two months. And then, when travelling with a non-sketcher, I'm always aware that I want to spend time with him rather than sketch all day every day. I only did that some of the days. But overall, I feel I sketched plenty, recording all the little moments of our trip.

Here I used a Fude pen, black ink, and a grey marker.

This one was all about the lady in the flowy dress, working away on her iPad and not touching her two glasses of bubbly!

(All sketches were done in a medium-size Stillman & Birn Beta sketchbook - I actually was quite restrained on this trip - only brought one other sketchbook with me  - a little accordion sketchbook, which I never used!!)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment