Sunday, February 18, 2024

Blacks?

I don't use that much black in my work. I like Holbein's neutral tint. I like burnt umber. I do love Daniel Smith's Bloodstone Genuine, although it doesn't go really dark. But the granulation is just gorgeous. But I had to test a good few darks and blacks I have in my collection in order to find the two mystery pigments, and then add them to my Isaro and Aquarius palette.

So I think they are Hematite Genuine and Van Dyck Brown (both in Daniel Smith range), but there are lots of other lovely blacks and darks I should be using more often!


So here is my palette now. It doesn't look that great, but the mixes I made over the last few days are quite exciting. Lots of multi-pigment mixes, so there will be surprises, good and bad, as I explore these at some stage!



No comments:

Post a Comment