Sunday, February 11, 2024

From exploring to a painting

I know from experience that this is always the most difficult step (apart from starting altogether, that is). Up to know, I've been doodling, postcard-size, just letting the brush, water and pigments do their thing. Now, all of a sudden, I'm "painting a painting". And that's much harder. But I also know from experience that all I have to do is keep going. It doesn't matter what road I take, I will get there eventually.

I love the colours, and the soft and hard edges. But I feel the shapes on the right-hand side are a bit too equal. Right now, I'm thinking I want something more imposing, with more contrast. Contrast in values, shape, size? Or maybe use a wider brush for my black lines? Let's try out and see what happens!



No comments:

Post a Comment