Saturday, February 03, 2024

Lunch at Avoca in town

I'm a social person, but I'm also autistic. I need to manage my energy levels around being with lots of people and social conversations. I don't do chit chat. I am task-focused. Maybe people find me intense? I don't know. And also, I need my lunch at noon, not 1pm. So I never stay for lunch with the Dublin Sketchers gang if we sketch in the mornings. 

On this occasion, I went to the Avoca café on Suffolk Street, just off the bottom of Grafton Street, and ordered soup. I felt the need to sketch some more. It's a nice quirky environment. But I got spotted by the staff, who told their manager that I was sketching her! She came over to have a peep. And then she sent a pastel de nata as a thank you. I was chuffed. I think it's the first time I was given free food for my art! I added some colour at home, plus drew a glass three times (yes it's the same glass!) to balance the page!





No comments:

Post a Comment