Tuesday, February 20, 2024

More exploration in squiggles.

I think I have enough of these now. Although I haven't pushed it as far as I could have. But the spark is gone. It's like I'm bored with it, and I don't feel like pushing it any further. I want to paint skies now. Big sweeps of sky.  

Although, when I look at them now as photos, there is still something that appeals to me. The last two in particular, have a very graphic quality that I like. But I think that at this stage, I am too far from the landscape that inspired these paintings... We'll see.

I did two with masking fluid. Then covered up a lot of the stark white of the paper. masking fluid is frustrating. All with the same pigments as earlier versions. Quin Burnt Scarlet, Monte Amiata Natural Sienna, Desert Yellow, Ultramarine Deep, Cobalt Green. And some black/neutral tint mix for the dark darks. 
Used different paper too, as I was waiting for masking fluid to dry. (Saunders Waterford, Winsor & Newton Professional (buckled a lot, despite being in a block format). Arches rough, and Saunders Waterford again.)
 







No comments:

Post a Comment