Monday, January 23, 2023

Sunset on Slea Head

Homework motivates me. I know, it's crazy. It's clearly hardwired in me, no matter how much I try to shake it off. So, when I have homework, I paint more. I don't agonise about what to paint. I don't do 10 studies. I just paint. And I'm happy on my journey. This one is a sunset view, as homework for Uma Kelkar's Emerge workshop.

 If you've been to the Dingle peninsula, you probably recognise Dunmore head from just after Slea Head, near Coumeenoole beach. It's a magical place. It's the only place I ever want to be, the Dingle peninsula between Slea Head and Ballyferriter, via Coumeenoole, Dunquin, Clogher Head and Clogher beach. I don't know why I don't go more often. I need to spend a month there on my own and paint. It won't happen this year, but I hope it does happen some day.


Sometimes, a photo of a painting seems better when it looks framed, so here it is with its border and the plastic board the paper was attached to.


Colour blend experimentation so I could figure out how to go from the yellow light to the purple sky to the left, and from the same yellow light to the green grass below. The trick was a little bit of pink added to the left as a transition.


No comments:

Post a Comment