Monday, January 16, 2023

It doesn't feel so cold when you're with fellow sketchers

January is always a hard month, in more ways than one. But when you're an urban sketcher, the cold is a problem. And I live in Ireland, which is not particularly cold compared to many countries. I was wearing a good coat, but my mittens were not warm enough really. So I walked around the area for a while and decided to go to a café on my own first. There was enough room in the Kilkenny Design café. I had a large table, so lots of room to spread out my art supplies. When I was done, I went back towards the back of Holles Street. I popped into the pub we were going to meet in at 4pm. There were a few sketchers there already, but I didn't see anything I wanted to sketch inside, so I headed out again and came across three sketchers at the corner of Holles Row, Stephen, Paul and Cathy. And I settled between them and all of a sudden, I didn't feel the cold any more. We chatted and sketched the beautiful street in front of us. Yes, we did complain about the cold, although Cathy, who is from New York, said that this wasn't really cold, more like April weather in New York! I drew in ink and painted in watercolour on location, and I felt great and full of energy.  


I had fun with colour circles on my page. I didn't have washi tape with me, and I didn't want to do messy squares, so I opted for circles instead. And I am practising writing neat headings. Not something that comes naturally to me!








No comments:

Post a Comment