Wednesday, January 04, 2023

Objects

It's been a quiet Christmas for us, a time for reflection and relaxation. I often feel the need to be busy (generally doing things that I love, so it's not so bad), but between the flu and Christmas, the two of us spent a lot of time on the sofa, watching movies, reading books, chilling. Self care. But now, I'm itching to get back into my art, going out sketching when I can, and painting at home. Yes, I have set goals for 2023. But I don't feel the need to share them with the world. 

So, here are a couple of drawings from objects I keep near my art desk. Just an excuse to practise ellipses, really, but making the practise fun, inspired by Sketching Playlab and by my art buddies, who never cease to inspire me. At this stage in my life, it's about finding joy in what I do rather than ambitious goals that tend to frustrate rather than motivate.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment