Friday, January 06, 2023

Mist in Leap

Glad I took the time between Christmas and New Year to get back into painting.  Starting with flow exercises, because that's what gives me joy! Postcard size little jewels. I was working from a photo I took in Leap last year. It's in West Cork and the day we drove through, there was this amazing mist on the sea. Except it doesn't look like the sea, as the hills are criss-crossing behind the inlet. We actually drove down the left side, hoping for spectacular vistas, but there was no good spot to enjoy the view, the ocean view was blocked by many trees. So, it made this particular location and time of the day so special.
Here are my first impressions. As is often the case, the last one (bottom right) is my favourite. It's lacking the fog, but it feels like winter. More to come






 

No comments:

Post a Comment