Sunday, January 08, 2023

More Leap

For the next batch, I switched to different colours. The previous ones were done with my standard palette. Here I used some Sennelier (warm grey, royal blue) and Schmincke (a neutral tint and some granulating pigments) watercolours. So it was a bit of a re-inventing. I used the Royal Blue for the mist. And the Warm Grey for the sky and water. 

Again, seeing them together on the screen helps me assess what I need to do next.

This one, the top part works, the shapes and edges of the two hills, the backlit hill in the distance, the mist.


And this one, the bottom part works, the calm water and the soft reflections. And the pontoon, which extends just the right amount, with rough edges, and softer edges in the water. So now, I feel I know what I need to do. I will write it all down in my notebook before I paint this again!



No comments:

Post a Comment