Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Nocturnes

Definitely need to do more work on this, but part of me feels that I will remember what I learned in class better if I don't touch it!! Still, it glows, and that was the point of the exercise, so I learned what I needed to learn. The main lesson really is that every watercolour painting is a problem-solving experiment. And I am so lucky to be learning from the amazing Uma Kelkar!


And here are some of the thumbnails and glow practises we did before painting the full thing. Which I fully recommend we all do before tackling something as complex as the scene that was in front of our eyes. I wasn't able to keep up at that stage - I would have needed a lot more thumbnailing to figure out the shape of that building and how I wanted to paint it. It will take a while longer to process everything.




No comments:

Post a Comment