Saturday, June 06, 2020

Wood

I'm getting tired of sketching on Zoom, I have to admit. So instead of sketching everyone else's objects, which were all beautiful and interesting, I just kept sketching what was on my desk, from my wooden object setup to the jumble of plastic bags, bottles, Ikea trolley, etc. It's not much of a composition, but there are elements I love in it, possibly more for their sentimental value than how I painted them. For instance, there are two little plastic bottles - you can barely see them - I bought them in Porto in a supermarket - they were little mango juice bottles, but I wanted them not for their flavour, but because they were the perfect size to carry water on sketching outings. Two years on, they are still my go-to sketching water bottles and they bring back such happy memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment