Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Lockdown pantry items

Today, we had the last of our virtual sketching sessions. It was emotional. Since the 22nd of March, a small group of us have been meeting and sketching via Zoom. It kept us sane. And entertained. Now, we're almost ready to go back into the real world. We can't meet as a large group yet, but a few of us will try and see how we get on.

So the theme for this week was items from our larder or pantry that we used during the lockdown. For me, it was the ingredients for chocolate chip cookies (I didn't include the oil, too messy! And I forgot to leave space for the vanilla essence, so I skipped it!). I had forgotten how easy baking is, and how satisfying!  My three go-to recipes were rhubarb crumble, chocolate chip cookies, and banana cake - always something to look forward to when you have these in the house!


No comments:

Post a Comment