Monday, June 22, 2020

Inis Oírr - with or without music

I am taking part in a painting and music experiment. But today I painted outside of the parameters set for the study. So I had to paint the view again. Which do you think came first? And which is with and which without music?

I've been wanting to paint from this photo of the beach at Inis Oírr (Inisheer, one of the Aran Islands) since the day I took it, in February 2017. It feels like longer. It was early evening in February, we were on our way to the pub, and the sun was setting fast, but when you're on a small island, it feels like the light is bouncing from everywhere and even with heavy clouds, the sea and the land were luminous.
I painted this quite small, one eighth Imperial. I really want to try it bigger now. Lots of favourite colours: Cobalt Blue and Carbazole Violet, Cobalt Teal, Lavender, Green Apatite Genuine, and a touch of Moonglow, plus Monte Amiata Natural Sienna for the beach.


No comments:

Post a Comment