Tuesday, June 09, 2020

Life drawing in direct watercolour

There's really only one piece that I'm happy with from two hours of life drawing in direct watercolour. But I did stick at it, and I'm proud of that. Normally when things don't go well in life drawing, I switch tools to find something that gives me a more immediate result, but this time I wanted to continue and see if I could learn something from the experience. To be honest, I'm not sure what I learned, but maybe that working on a quarter-sheet of watercolour is too large for the fast-paced rhythm of a life drawing session? For me anyway. And the second lesson would be that less is more? The eye-candy of the forest in Oregon was tempting, but I really should have concentrated on light and shade on the model (which was hard, given that she was backlit!). Will try again!!








No comments:

Post a Comment