Saturday, June 27, 2020

Rain coming - Shelly Banks

The tide was low, so we had decided to go to Shelly Banks for our dog's walkies this morning. We hadn't really checked the weather, though. We knew there would be "showers merging into longer spells of rain" at some point. We didn't think much about when "some point" would be. When we got to the car park, it looked ominous in the West, over the mountains, but I decided to venture out anyway, leaving my husband to listen to the radio in the car. Well, let me say that I just had enough time to take 5 quick photos. The horizon, and the city with it, was disappearing fast. In the end, I had to run back to the car, where I was met with a smug I-told-you-so! I don't care! That fast-moving weather is one of the things I love in Ireland. I could paint skies forever! Although I would like to try it again with a little more texture!

Painted on Saunders Waterford cold press, quarter sheet.
The cloud is not quite as purple as it shows on the photo. But it is a mix of Cobalt Blue and Moonglow, so it does have a touch of warmth in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment