Thursday, June 11, 2020

Nurses and Doctors


It was a lovely idea to sketch in thanks to nurses and doctors and all health professionals who have been working so hard to keep us safe and to look after those of us who ended up in hospital.
I sketched this from a photo that appeared in the Irish Times, the photographer was Alan Betson. And to me, the image I saw wasn't lots of doctors and nurses in full PPE. What I saw was the kind person leaning over the patient, holding his hand, making sure he was as comfortable as could be - the human touch you will find in Irish hospitals. I spent 10 days in hospital 5 years ago and my only memory is of the kindness of the nurses, the doctors, even the staff who brought me my food every day - I was barely there 24 hours and they even remembered I didn't drink tea or coffee - it might not seem like much, but I felt I wasn't just a patient, I was still a human being and that made a world of difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment