Saturday, June 13, 2020

Behind Dunquin

Now, time to get my teeth into 30x30, and challenge myself a little bit more. But still being gentle with myself!! No pain No pain is a friend's motto which I'm going to appropriate!

Ireland - 50 shades of green. There are so many parts of Ireland that I love. I love the Beara peninsula for its ruggedness and the lack of tourists. Connemara, Donegal, Inis Oírr, West Cork, the Dublin Mountains, ... But if I have to pick one favourite place on earth, it's the Dingle Peninsula, the mountains sloping into the sea, the beautiful beaches, Clogher Head, my actual favourite place on earth (and you can even see Ceann Sibeal from there, where they filmed some of the Star Wars), Slea Head, the Atlantic Ocean, ... About three years ago, we rented a house in Dunquin in June. The weather wasn't great. This is a view of the road that goes up the mountain behind Dunquin.
PS: the value of the purple mountain is a tad darker in the painting - any advice on photographing my paintings is welcome!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment