Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Life Drawing - Paul

So, this was the first time ever I was doing an online life drawing session, and I have to say it was so much better than I had expected. While you're looking at a screen rather than a 3-D person, there is still the buzz of drawing from life, of the clock ticking, of the slight shifts in position that you have to adapt to. Plus Tadhg from Dublin Drawing had organised everything perfectly, and the model, Paul, had his room beautifully lit, and he used the space so well, leaning against the wall for instance, which is something you can't do in a normal life drawing class. These are not normal times. We're now on Day 4 of our full lockdown (food stores and pharmacies only, walks no more than 2km from home, cocooning for over-70s and for people with underlying conditions that put them at risk) and I will need these life drawing sessions and my yoga with www.yogasoulacademy.com to keep me sane. Plus sketching sessions with Dublin Sketchers! And a loving husband, happy dog and crazy cat!

Stay Home. Stay Safe. Stay Healthy. Stay Sane.















No comments:

Post a Comment