Sunday, March 29, 2020

My desk

So, I am getting to the stage where days are starting to blur one into the next. I should really have numbered them, but it's too late now! All I can say for sure is that An Taoiseach Leo Varadkar made his speech announcing the first set of measures while he was in Washington before Paddy's Day. So I think that's a little over two weeks ago! I did this sketch of a few things on my art desk a few days later. I wasn't feeling terribly inspired. I think some people have thrown themselves into DIY, spring cleaning, or major art projects. For me, it's taken a few days to adjust and get my mind into art mode again. But I'm getting there. And as there is less happening, there is more time for art. But sometimes, the more time you have, the less you do. There must be a physics formula explaining this!

And even for such a simple sketch, I did manage to find a quote that works, linking my sketch with the idea of the feminine in James Joyce's Ulysses.

'And she could see far away the lights of the lighthouses so picturesque she would have loved to do with a box of paints'

The other quote is from the previous page in my sketchbook, which you can find below, just in case you're not reading my blog in chronological order!!



No comments:

Post a Comment