Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Iris stencil gelli prints

Social distancing is hard. And I keep telling myself I will have more time for my art. But it doesn't seem that way. I'm busy checking on friends and family, making sure everybody is all right. 

I really can't complain, though. I have a loving husband, an adorable dog, and a slightly-less-crazy-than-he-used-to-be cat. My husband is doing the shopping - I have an underlying condition, nothing too serious, but you can't be too careful. And I did manage to finally buy a small bottle of sanitising hand gel. I wanted to buy two, but the answer was no. 

Thankfully we have one bottle of Dettol spray, and we've used some of it to clean the bin handles after the refuse collection today. I would be a lot happier if we had an extra bottle, but the shops can't keep up. In fairness, my husband got most of what was on our shopping list - there was no eggs, and none of the anti-bacterial stuff, but most everything else was available. I wonder at what point will we notice that the fruit and vegetables, which come mostly from Italy and Spain, start disappearing from the shelves?

Lucky also to have a wonderful yoga studio who are offering online classes. I did a class last night and it helped me put all this craziness away for an hour. I slept like a baby afterwards. If you're interested, here is the link to sign up: Yoga Soul Academy. It's good value. The teachers are amazing, warm and caring. And it's better than a YouTube video, as you can chat with the teacher and students before the class - an important social element for me! But you can also do the classes on your own after the broadcast day.

And of course, art. Not doing as much as I thought I would. But I'll get into a rhythm, eventually!

Here are a few Gelli prints. Using a stencil. Such a relaxing thing to do!










No comments:

Post a Comment