Sunday, March 29, 2020

View from my window


Still playing with clouds. I painted this from a photo I took from the bedroom window. Sometimes we get amazing skies in the evening. Although today is grey grey grey.
Mmm. I think I went a bit heavy on pigment there. I should be more methodical and keep a record of my pigments. I used to have a sketchbook where I'd try out colours and compositions, but I got to the end of it, and now I'm using an IKEA note block. And I have lots of little pink pages with notes that I can't match to a painting. So I think that the cloud is Idanthrone Blue, Cerulean Blue Chromium and PV19 Quinacridone Rose. And the sky is Quinacridone gold and PV19. I think.
I know it looks like the house are sinking down quicksand. But it wasn't about the houses! Great excuse, that!

No comments:

Post a Comment