Tuesday, March 24, 2020

View from my window - back


Getting into a rhythm. More measures are due to be announced shortly, but we have enough food, and we can do a lot from home. In theory, that means more time for painting and sketching, but up to a few days ago, I was finding it hard to motivate myself. I was constantly checking the news, watching the ever-growing numbers and thinking about all the lives cut short around the world.

I am so lucky though, that I have friends that I can talk to, and even do video calls, which I always enjoy.

And also, I am lucky that my yoga teacher already was set up to do online classes - she's now organised 4 classes a week, so check her out at www.yogasoulacademy.com for live classes and the videos remain available if your timezone is too far apart. There are two teachers online, Lisa who teaches Kundalini, and Paula for Hatha yoga. I don't normally practise Kundalini, but I've enjoyed it so much - it's an hour when you can forget the world out there, and focus on your own well-being. The monthly fee is very reasonable. I'd love to see a few of my friends from around the world joining in! It's chair yoga at 2pm today! I'll be there!

Which brings me back to sketching, a meditation in its own right. Urban Sketchers around the world are sketching the view from their window, or the inside of their house or apartment. One guy in Paris lives in a 28-square-meter apartment with his partner - she teaches yoga via Instagram, he sketches everything, including the toilet bowl and the last roll of loo paper! Check out #USkAtHome on Instagram and you will see what we've been up to. Our local group, Dublin Sketchers, have embraced this too and we all sketched at our usual time on Sunday and posted our pictures on our blog. I chose the view from the back bedroom. I am lucky that there is plenty more to sketch here. Soon, the neighbour's cherry tree will be in bloom and I will sketch it over and over! That's the plan anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment