Thursday, November 22, 2018

Life Drawing - watercolours

I'm going through a rough patch in terms of what I'm achieving, art-wise that is. During last week's Life Drawing session, I struggled with the demons in my head for most of the two hours, even when I switched to watercolours - one of these worked out ok, but the other two were overworked and not what I had in mind at all. Back to the drawing board this week!


I was very happy with the sweep of the arms behind the model's back, but then I ruined the whole thing with a purple leg!

I was experimenting with colours - using the cerulean blue pure rather than mixed. It turned out quite ugly in the end.

This one I was happy with - I was using new paper (a sketching pad by Two Rivers - more about that some other time) and the paint just settled beautifully and I feel I got my lights and darks working well together. Yes, I did run out of space, but that pad is smaller than the usual paper I bring. So I'll have to get used to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment