Friday, November 30, 2018

Croquis Café - Artistic Physique

I love everything. And that can be quite distracting at times. I feel my energies have been quite dispersed lately, so I'm trying to get my life tidied up, in small ways at least. Rather than jumping around from life drawing to landscapes to urban sketching to drawing to watercolour techniques to florals to abstract etc etc, I'm going to try and concentrate on a theme/style for a week or two, then move to something different for another period of time. I know I would not be capable of sticking to one thing for the rest of my life, not even a month (unless it's a challenge!). That's not who I am. My only ambition really is to keep learning and become better. And the only end to that journey will be when I pass.

But I have been finding it hard to improve in anything as I could be working on three or four projects at the same time, not giving any of them the attention they deserved.

So for this week, it's drawing/painting the human body. It's not practical for me to go to life drawing sessions every day of the week, obviously. But since I've rediscovered Croquis Café, I can practise at home. All I need is half an hour a day, and surely that's feasible, even at this time of the year. Before I started, I did a tidy-up of my little art room (it's a very small box room and it gets messy very quickly).

The model for this session was called Artistic Physique. She is quite muscular, so it was interesting to try and show that aspect of her in my drawings. I used Derwent Inktense pencils and a little water to create shading. 



No comments:

Post a Comment