Saturday, December 01, 2018

Life Drawing - Charcoal

Another good way to re-center myself is to go to a taught life drawing session. Charcoal on A2 paper, at the easel. The quiet concentration. The voice of the teacher reminding you what to pay attention to.  Two hours of bliss.

The model was Michelle.

10-minute drawing. I really enjoyed this technique of working with the flat of the charcoal, and then erasing highlights

This one was 15 minutes. On brown wrapping paper. The shading and the highlights on the mid-tone paper helped achieve a more three-dimensional effect. I must try more of that!

15 minutes seated pose

I was a little too close to the model. It didn't cause me too much trouble, except for this one, where the foreshortening on the legs gave me a lot of trouble.


Some of the 2-minute poses we started the class with

A blind drawing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment