Thursday, December 06, 2018

Dr Sketchy

If you follow me on Instagram, you already know that my 5-o'clock appointment was with Dr Sketchy. It was my first time and I loved it. Essentially it's a life drawing session, except that the models are more burlesque, and as the poses get longer, the models wear fewer and few clothes.  It's all good fun. In a cosy atmosphere. And a full bar if you want to loosen your creative demons. I drank non-alcoholic gin and tonic (the waiter knew they had it, but had trouble finding it, and when he did, it wasn't on the till system, so his manager told him to just charge me for the tonic - it was really nice - any time I go to a pub now that's what I'm going to ask for!). And I sketched for 3 hours. Heaven.

The models were fantastic - red hot Miss_Memphishell in her black lace outfit and the cheeky and voluptuous Oh Golly Miss Dolly.

As is standard in life drawing, we started with short poses to warm up.



After a few drawings with pencils (Polychromos and Inktense), I switched to a fountain pen.

I decided to start playing with the line, even if that meant I couldn't do a full sketch.

This one was a continuous line

And this one with my non-dominant hand

There were some little competitions - to win cup cakes or alcohol shots - I didn't win anything - this one, you had to come up with a cartoon caption bubble to express what one of the models was thinking.

And we moved to longer poses, fewer clothes.
Brush pen and watercolour

Fountain pen and watercolour

Red pencil and watercolour

Red pencil and watercolour, and a golden marker, useful for the tassels and tinsel!

No comments:

Post a Comment