Thursday, December 27, 2018

Life Drawing - charcoal

Last life drawing class of the year. Learned a good bit about measuring, comparing measurements on the vertical and the horizontal by using the quarter past 12 method. I love it when we have two models. No time to think, just observe and draw draw draw!

After comparing a measurement in the vertical and horizontal, I realised I had drawn the model too broad. I wasn't sure what to do. The answer was simple: draw the same line, except further in!

On this one, I started drawing the head without having paid attention to the position of the arms. I had to make a quick decision, and start again! Thankfully I had only drawn 5 or 6 lines at that point!!


Again, you can see how I had to tuck in a little as I had drawn the model too broad

I didn't get a chance to finish the male model's legs. But I like the gestural feel of this drawing

No comments:

Post a Comment