Thursday, December 20, 2018

Last Dublin Sketchers outing of the year

Here is the rest of the sketches from the Dublin Sketchers outing. I decided to move to my bigger sketchbook for full watercolour portraits. My energy was still low (I realised later I should have had a hot chocolate or a slice of cake, rather than still water), so the result isn't what I wanted. I was quite disappointed and felt sorry for myself when I got home. But my husband was very supportive and told me that I was being hard on myself. It is true, in the past, I was always happy with my drawings/paintings. Now I'm expecting more from myself, and tend to be more critical.
I think also that the other table were having a lot more fun, and I was a little bit jealous!!

I sketched these two chaps in the space left from my previous sketch. The spread is rather nice I think, even if the faces are not brilliant!

For my last sketch of the day, I moved to the fun table. At that stage, I should have closed my sketchbook and participated in the chat some more. But I had to do one more. As you can see, I put in less and less detail as I moved across the spread (and you can conclude from this that I am right-handed!). I added colour panels behind each person after I got home.

I won't have the time to sketch much between now and the end of the year. But I will be tackling 2019 with renewed enthusiasm!

No comments:

Post a Comment