Thursday, November 29, 2018

Saturn

Saturn is one of the models on Croquis Café, a very useful resource to practise if you can't go to life drawing class as often as you'd like! It's easier too, as it's 2D rather than 3D. Plus you can pause any time you want. Although I do try to stick to the times (1, 2 and 5 minutes). There are also photographs you can work from, which is useful for watercolour!
















As you can see, I'm experimenting with different pens and papers. This is Posca markers on Two Rivers watercolour paper. And the face (no likeness whatsoever) is done with a Polychromos pencil.















I did the 1- and 2-minute poses with simple cartridge paper and Polychromos pencils. I enjoyed those the best.




I also tried a few other poses in another Two Rivers sketchbook I have. It's all cartridge paper and I've had it for a couple of years. I've used it a good bit, but I still have a dozen or so pages left in it. It's actually lovely paper - gorgeous with pencil and it can take a light watercolour wash too. I was quite pleased with how the drawing with shading worked out.


 I tried on a darker paper, but should have used a lighter pencil to make it pop more. I might go back to this one some other time.

No comments:

Post a Comment